- 1 cup butter, softened
- 2 3/4 cups powdered sugar
- 1 can (13.4 oz) dulce de leche (caramelized sweetened condensed milk)
- 15 ready-to-use 9-inch French crepes (from two 5-oz packages)
- 1 cup heavy whipping cream
- Unsweetened baking cocoa
- 1 In large bowl, beat softened butter with electric mixer on medium speed until smooth. Gradually add powdered sugar, beating on low speed until combined.
- 2 Reserve 1/4 cup dulce de leche in small microwavable bowl. Beat remaining dulce de leche into butter mixture with electric mixer on low speed until combined.
- 3 Place 1 crepe on serving plate. Spread about 1/4 cup dulce de leche frosting on top. Top with another crepe. Repeat layers until all crepes and frosting are used, making sure cake is topped with unfrosted crepe.
- 4 In medium bowl, beat whipping cream with electric mixer on high speed until stiff peaks form. Spoon and spread whipped cream on top of cake. Sprinkle lightly with cocoa. Microwave reserved 1/4 cup dulce de leche uncovered on High 30 seconds, stirring halfway through, until thin enough to drizzle. Cool slightly; drizzle over cake. Serve immediately.
Love to make crepes from scratch? Swap packaged crepes with your favorite homemade crepes in this recipe.