- 24 (1 1/2-inch) cubes seedless watermelon (from 1 large watermelon)
- 1 cup finely chopped fresh strawberries
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 tablespoon crumbled feta cheese
- 2 tablespoons thinly sliced fresh basil leaves
- 1 Using melon baller, scoop out center of each watermelon cube from top (about 3/4-inch deep), and reserve for another use. Transfer watermelon cups to serving platter. In medium bowl, mix strawberries, olive oil and salt.
- 2 Spoon strawberry mixture into watermelon cups. Top with cheese and shredded basil.
Be sure to cut the watermelon into at least 1 1/2-inch cubes so the melon baller doesn’t cut through the sides of the cups.
For a little extra sweet and tart flavor, serve the cups drizzled with a balsamic reduction. In 1 1/2-quart saucepan, heat 1/4 cup balsamic vinegar to a simmer over medium heat; cook 2 to 3 minutes or until reduced to 1 tablespoon. Remove from heat; cool.