This is absolutely my favorite way to cook a ham, I call it the Southern Way.
- 12 lbs ham
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- 1/3 cup dijon mustard
- 1 can coca-cola (Or pepsi)
- Combine the brown sugar, dijon mustard and half the can of coke
- Place the ham in a baking dish large enough that nothing will drip over the sides, it helps if you can set the ham on top of a small grate or grill as well so that air flows under it as well.
- Slather the mixture over the ham, be sure to get it in the creaces and such.
- Pour other half of soda into the bottom of pan so you can baste the ham every so often.
- Cover with foil and put on upper rack as close to the upper elements without anything being touched.
- Bake it at 350 for 2½ hours (3 hours if you have a 13 – 15 pound ham) If your using a smaller ham like I do these days just do what the package tells you based on its weight. Its ok to use the same amount of ingredients so don’t worry.
- let the ham rest for 30 minutes before serving.