- 3 cups fresh black-eyed peas, shelled
- 2 cups Progresso™ reduced-sodium chicken broth (from 32-oz carton)
- 2 cups chopped sweet onions
- 2 tablespoons finely chopped jalapeño chile
- 1/2 teaspoon dried thyme leaves
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground pepper
- 4 cloves garlic, finely chopped
- 1 dried bay leaf
- 1 smoked turkey leg (3/4 lb)
- Red pepper sauce
Spray 3 1/2-quart slow cooker with cooking spray. In slow cooker, stir together all ingredients except turkey leg and pepper sauce. Place turkey leg on top of mixture.
Cover; cook on Low heat setting 8 hours. Discard bay leaf and turkey leg. Serve peas with slotted spoon. Serve with pepper sauce.