OMG You know I am gonna have to make this soon!
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 1 pound button mushrooms, sliced
- 2 carrots, peeled and chopped
- 2 thyme sprigs
- 3 tablespoons flour
- 1/2 cup white wine
- 2 cups milk
- Pinch of cayenne pepper
- 1 1/2 cups frozen peas
- 1-2 cups chopped or shredded chicken
- 1/3 cup Parmesan cheese
- 1 Pillsbury™ Refrigerated Pie Crust
- 8 slices thick cut bacon
- 1 tablespoon brown sugar
- Rosemary, for serving (optional)
- 1 Preheat oven to 400ºF. Lightly grease an 8-9 inch pie plate.
- 2 Heat a large skillet over medium heat. Add butter. Once melted, add mushrooms and carrots. Cook for 5-8 minutes or until carrots are soft. Stir in fresh thyme and cook another minute. Add flour and continue cooking a minute longer. Slowly pour in wine and milk, whisking to ensure that no clumps form in sauce. Bring sauce to a low boil. Reduce heat and stir in cayenne pepper, peas and cooked chicken. Simmer sauce for 5 minutes or until thickened. Remove from heat and let cool. Stir in the Parmesan cheese.
- 3 Unroll the pie dough and use your hands to fit it into the pie plate. Using a fork, crimp around the edges. Pour the pot pie filling into the crust.
- 4 Weave a lattice with 8 bacon slices (4 in one direction and 4 in the other—keep them lengthened as long as possible because they’ll shrink when they cook). I found thick cut bacon worked best.
- 5 Sprinkle bacon with brown sugar. Place pie on a baking sheet and bake for 25-35 minutes or until the filling is bubbling and the bacon is crisp. If the crust starts to get too brown before the bacon is crisp, cover the edges of the pie with foil.
- 6 Serve hot with fresh rosemary. Enjoy!