Cooking spray, for greasing the baking sheets
2 cups all-purpose flour
2/3 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
2 teaspoons instant espresso powder
1 teaspoon baking soda
1⁄4 teaspoon salt (kosher or sea)
1⁄2 cup (1 stick) unsalted butter, softened
1⁄2 cup (8 tablespoons) cannabutter, softened
1 cup granulated sugar
1⁄2 cup packed brown sugar
2 teaspoons vanilla extract
1 cup bittersweet chocolate chips
2/3 cup white chocolate chips
- Preheat the oven to 340°F. Spray 2 baking sheets with cooking spray and set them aside.
- In a medium bowl, whisk together the flour, cocoa and espresso powders, baking soda, and salt.
- In the bowl of a stand mixer fitted with the paddle attachment (or use a hand mixer or a wooden spoon in a large bowl), combine the unsalted butter, cannabutter, granulated sugar, and brown sugar. Beat on medium speed until fluffy.
- Reduce the speed to low and add the eggs and vanilla. Beat until well mixed, about 1 minute.
- Add the flour mixture and mix until just combined. Stir in the bittersweet and white chocolate chips.
- Drop the dough by heaping tablespoons onto the prepared baking sheets, about 2 inches apart.
- Bake until the cookies are set and no longer shiny, 7 to 9 minutes.
- Remove the cookies from the oven and let them cool on the baking sheets for 2 minutes. Transfer the cookies to a wire rack to cool completely.
- Repeat with the remaining dough, cooling the baking sheets between batches.
- Store cookies in an airtight container.
Thanks goes to the Stoners Cook Book