1 cup brown sugar
11/2 cups pumpkin puree
1 cup cream
3 tablespoons bud butter, melted and cooled
1 teaspoon cinnamon
½ teaspoon nutmeg
½ teaspoon ground ginger
1 pie crust
2 cups all-purpose flour
1 teaspoon salt
2 sticks butter, unsalted
1/3 to1/2 cup water
- Heat oven to 350
- In a mixing bowl beat the eggs and the sugar together until light and fluffy.
- Add the pumpkin, cream, canna-butter, cinnamon, nutmeg and ginger. Mix well.
- Pour into a pie shell and bake till done. The pie will rise during baking and then settle when cooling.
- Serve with a dollop of brown sugar sour cream sauce.
- In a large bowl, combine flour and salt. Cut in butter until mixture resembles coarse crumbs. Stir in water until mixture forms a ball. Divide dough in half, and shape into balls. Wrap in plastic, and refrigerate for 4 hours or overnight.
- Roll out dough on a floured counter. Don’t over work it. Use as directed in pie recipe. You can freeze the other half for up to 3 months.
1lb (0.5kg) unsalted butter
2 cups water
1oz (28g) decarboxylated, finely-ground cannabis. (View the decarboxylation video here)
Large saucepan / pot
Large glass bowl
Strainer/Sieve to fit over glass bowl
- Heat the butter and 2 cups of water to a rolling bubble (not boiling)
- Add the ground cannabis
- Stir with whisk
- Cook at a medium-low heat / soft bubbling for 5 hours
- Check the pot and stir every 90 minutes
- Add additional warm water if needed
- After 5 hours, place strainer on glass bowl, and cover with cheese cloth
- Pour cannabutter mixture slowly through the cloth
- Work the cannabutter through the cloth using the spatula
- Fold the cheese cloth and squeeze the remaining cannabutter out with the spatula
- Wrap bowl in plastic and set in fridge for at least 3 hours (overnight is better)
- Use the knife to cut around the edges of the cannabutter and remove from bowl (discard the water)
- Scrape any particulates off the bottom of the cannabutter
- Store in fridge or freezer in a glass jar